• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1985 Model Center Console

OlTanNBrown

NAXJA Forum User
My stock center console gave out years ago. I have had no luck locating a center console that matches my original (Tan/Beige color, Stick shift, 4WD lever, HVAC ducts) & is in good condition. Tuffy still does not make one to my knowledge either to match the OEM console. Has anyone ever tried making a nice high quality console ould of wood? If so, any particulars, problems, tips, etc, etc.?:idea:

My stock center console gave out years ago. I have had no luck locating a center console that matches my original (Tan/Beige color, Stick shift, 4WD lever, HVAC ducts) & is in good condition. Tuffy still does not make one to my knowledge either to match the OEM console. Has anyone ever tried making a nice high quality console constructed of wood or any other heavy duty material? I would think Tuffy might have something along their good lines, made to replace the original console in the 85 with upgrades, but they don't, just inserts unfortunately. I have discussed it with them for years & I would think there would be a good market for it is very few folks were completely satisfied with the old originals, even when in good condition, but apparently I am wrong. If so, any particulars, problems, tips, etc, etc.?:idea:

Back