• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine light with loss of power

jxj

NAXJA Member # 1559
My situation this morning to work-check engine light comes on, power steering starts to go out and enginge starting to stall. Pulled over to the side of the highway and checked as much as I could in the dark. Engine oil, trans fluid, coolant, Power steering fluid, belt tension all good, no leaks. All connections that I could see or reach were intact. After checking all around and making some calls, decided to start it up-no problems, waited 5 mins to see if anything would come up-nothing, got to work, did another check, all is well. Forgot to see if any codes came up - check that later.
But does anyone have any idea what this may be-loose or faulty connector or something worse?

2001 lifted AW4 58K all maintence done by me.

It sounds like you might have lost belt tension at some point so I suggest you check all the engine pulleys and make sure none of them are loose or wobbly.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, did a search on CPS and alot of the posts exactly describes my symptoms.

Back