• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$$$$$

We'll have to be more specific. I don't mind helping the Yacolt Burn project, but if it's going to be a work party, then that's man hours rather than money. Same goes for the Saddle Up trail adoption. My understanding is that the forest service will provide rocks and equipment. All we need to do is show up, and give them ideas.

The money the NW chapter has on hand can either be donated to a local land use cause now or later. I don't mind keeping the money in Joe's money box until a worthy cause comes up, and I don't mind donating a good chunk now. But in the end it's up to the members of the NW chapter to decide.

So think of an organization that can use the money we've collected, and put it to good use keeping our trails open.

Have we done any work on the Walker Valley trail we already sponsor, this year? Maybe use the money to help Reiter's causes?

~Scott

My .02-

Donate a portion to the Pistons Wild Motorsorts Club. They are the ones who are trying to establish a legal ORV trail system in the Yacolt Burn area (North of Camas). The area right now, and in the past has been full of illegal wheeling, dumping, and partying. Pistons Wild are changing all that by hosting clean-ups, participating in forest watch, and working with the DNR to turn the area around. Their goal is to establish 30 miles of legal 4x4 trails and campgrounds.

At the Woody's 4x4 Cruise In a couple weeks ago they raised over $4000 for the Yacolt Burn project. $2000 of that came from a local car club as a donation. I believe right now they are sitting around $7000 in raised funds, and are hoping to reach $10,000 by next spring to start on the project.

It's not everyday you hear about a new ORV area opening up. Sadly we hear more about areas being closed down. Not to say those areas are a lost cause, but it would be a shame to see this project get tossed on the back burner due to lack of support.

Like I said that my two cent's.

Have we done any work on the Walker Valley trail we already sponsor, this year? Maybe use the money to help Reiter's causes? ~Scott

I don't know much about the Walker Valley trail. Do you know of an organization that we can donate to to help Reiter?

How about a soldier's home donation or something to help the children of fallen/deployed soldiers?

I'm not opposed to this. I know there are two Soldiers that lost legs who are having homes set up for them in the Portland area. I'm sure there is something similar going on up north.

Donate a portion to the Pistons Wild Motorsorts Club. They are the ones who are trying to establish a legal ORV trail system in the Yacolt Burn area (North of Camas).

That sounds like a good one Dustin.

So on the table now we have...

-Pistons Wild for the Yacolt Burn project.
-Donate to injured/fallen soldiers. If we do this, I'd like to make sure we at least spread it out north and south. We need a specific organization or person here, if anyone has something.
-Donate to a local non-profit search and rescue organization. Again we'd need a specific organization.

I think a priority for us should be land use causes, but the other two options are also good.

Last edited:
Im with torx, this project will greatly benefit us all the most in the long run.

X's 2 we sure could use another OHV area in the south territory. seems like a great cause. I went to the cruise in they had at 4wheelparts a month or so ago and they seem like great folks with great intentions.

How about a soldier's home donation or something to help the children of fallen/deployed soldiers?

In!

Also, I just don’t think the amount sound large enough to really do any good for any other projects. I think we can do more good with man-hours for these projects rather than with a monetary contribution. ????

remember that NAXJA national might have a 'matching funds' $500 hair up their ass at some point.

Might be worth asking about that, and seeing if they are planning on that for early next year or this year...

to make sure you have the funds to take full advantage of that again.

:anon:

remember that NAXJA national might have a 'matching funds' $500 hair up their ass at some point.

Might be worth asking about that, and seeing if they are planning on that for early next year or this year...

If we hold our breath waiting for National to support a chapter sponsored anything, we will all die blue.

If we hold our breath waiting for National to support a chapter sponsored anything, we will all die blue.

x2

They couldn't figure shit out when I was running the Chapter, so we just kept all the money for it. They were good about sending swag out, but wouldn't take their cut of the proceeds. Go figure.

Also, I just don’t think the amount sound large enough to really do any good for any other projects.
I would think that any group that is trying to establish or protect an ORV area would be appreciative of any donation. Most groups rely on donations only.

I could be wrong though... maybe $800 for them is a drop in the bucket. :rolleyes:

Ken where did this money come from? Maybe we would be better off just saving it.

I could be wrong though... maybe $800 for them is a drop in the bucket.

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound like enough to post flyers to get sponsors. Then again, I'm looking at it from the standpoint that it takes the government 2 million to pay a panel to just look at the idea of adding trashcans to a national park.

Was that a matching funds deal, or simply a donation to the land use cause of the chapter's choice?

The money is part of what the NW Chapter has in our "treasury". If you can call Joe's money box a treasury. We have a total of $1309, and want to keep $500 in reserve. Most of the $809 on the table is proceeds from the raffle. The rest is left over from years past. I assume it came from previous raffles, as well as t-shirt and sticker sales.

Back