• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

susp upgrade on 99 xj

WHITE93

NAXJA Forum User
I got a great deal on 4 new 30x9.5x15 hankook rt03 mt. I picked up 5 tires that were new from a friends ford and he thought they were to small for 250. My issue comes with when I bolted them up the tires rubbed on my 99. I'd like to go w a 2 inch lift and a 2.5 in the rear and the only thing I can find are the front spacers and an add a leaf. I'd rather not go that route. I read on the forum awhile back u can replace ur xj front springs with a set from a grand cherokee and get some lift out of it. If so what year motor size deould I ask fo the local parts store and does this work the same w the leaf packs. Roughly how much lift would I see on new parts goin this route thanks for the help

I think the ZJ V8 coils may give 1.5", but someone posted in another thread that isn't necessarily so, that some ZJs have a different option. Some report using F150 coils. Do a search for that.

For rear you could do a bastard pack, do a search for that too.

Back