• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stroker misfire/skip

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
the jeep started gettin i minor misfire, or atleast it sounded like it.(no codes) so i changed the injectors from the mustang to stock. no change (just to besure it wasnt a clogged injector. then i got new plugs, no change. i check to make sure the spark plugs wasnt arcing. they wasnt. so i decided top pull the rods since that was an easy thing to do and was told cold be a problem. well i have 4 rods with a minor bend. so ive got new ones on order now.

any ideas if this is my problem or am i missing something?

Sorry dude, I could barely read that.
Either you're too drunk to type, or you royally failed english class.
Check your pushrod length.

A lot of royal in this thread(3 indian browns down). Stock pushrod length is 9.641" so if you had the head shaved X thousandths of an inch and the block decked Y thousandths of an inch, you want a pushrod Z thousandths of an inch. Z=9.641"-X-Y. Here's a thread with some different pushrod lengths:
http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1191
not to mention head & spring heighth that's been done to the head and what cam, get some mech. die spray the tip of your valvestem, get an adjustable pushrod check tool (cheap) and make sure the wear pattern is in the middle of the valve stem. It's an easy and cheap check to get it right.

meh, i am running a decked block (at 0.020) and the MP .043 Head gasket, and running the stock valvetrain on the comp 231 cam with no ill effects.

you're gonna get valve float. stock springs arent meant to handle that amount of lift
oops, i meant rods and rockers. springs are GM performance beehives.

the block and head have not been decked. the p.o. had the same set up. all i did was swap blocks. his wasnt shaved either.

i have ran it like this for about 2 months. the only thing diff was prob the gasket. the one that i got with the motor from the shop was metal with blue sealer(guess it was a type of rubber sealer) the recent gasket was a stock replacement cork (guess its cork)

Back