• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ANY SoCal guys know about vintage motorcyles and there value?

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a 1974 TS400 suzuki, 2 stroke, street legal enduro. Runs great, has custom rear fender, handlebars, etc. Just wondering if I have something that might be worth money, I think I got a smoking deal on it, but I want to know. Thanks in advance!

The mods on it seems that someone wanted to make a cafe style looking bike out of it..

Sold my 70 and 71 Yamaha 360 2 stroke enduros a couple years ago. I got $1500 for the 71 in cherry original good running and riding condition....it had under 1000 miles on it.

I got about $700 for my 70, 5000 miles on it, beat up a little, but ran good and was restorable.

I belive that Yamahas are worth a little more than the Suzuki. I'd say it's worth in the $500 to $750 range. Less if it's not titled for the street.

Heres a couple pics of a $1500 yamaha...

mw5lwn.jpg

2vngunp.jpg

Here is a picture of it, it runs really good. Hasnt been started in a couple months. Drained the old gas out, put some new in, and on the 4th kick it fired right up. It is STREET LEGAL...paid 200 for it : )

newsuzuki.jpg

Here is a picture of it, it runs really good. Hasnt been started in a couple months. Drained the old gas out, put some new in, and on the 4th kick it fired right up. It is STREET LEGAL...paid 200 for it : )

Nice. What the hell was he thinking? Not my choice for a cafe. Look for a M/C salvage in your area. You should be able to find a seat/fender for it without to much trouble. evilbay that rear fender/light and the bars.

I dont know if you serious or not, but I kind of like it how it is

Nice bike :). I am not sure what its worth, but the prices those guys are giving sound reasonable to me. I will have to stop by and check it out. I still need to stop by anyways, I been running around with head cut off lol.

FYI (for anyone)

I got a 1969 Yamaha AT-1 125cc yellow/white. I picked up some lights for it, it runs and drives (although I havent run it for awhile due to it leaking out of the petcock area). I picked the bike up from a friend to help him out financially and figured I would restore it back to enduro to ride around the streets for fun etc. It doesnt have paperwork though, so that is a negative about it, needs tires, and probably misc maint stuff/little things. Its oil injector is gone and its on premix only.. I guess you would have to really see it.

If you want another bike let me know I am open to offers as I dont have funds to mess with this bike or really anything atm and if i did it would go to my rig... or a new oven for my wife as ours died. I think i have a pic of the bike but its not a great one if i do I will post it.

Heres a couple pics of a $1500 yamaha...

mw5lwn.jpg

2vngunp.jpg

My bike looks kind of like this one, especially the lights. This bike is in better shape though :).

Back