• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC belt

Big D88

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys i have a few questions about canceling the AC off of the belt system on my 01, i have searched a little bit and found a diagram for the belt routing and it really doesn't look like i can do this but i figured i would ask if anyone has seen a kit or figured out how to do this.

I'm looking at this, well, because it is almost winter and don't need it, the darn ac doesn't work anymore anyway due to a bad bearing in the clutch assembly so this would save gas and stop the semi annoying squealing sound.

oh man that would be really slick get that sucker up out of the water and such. If you get a little time you think you can attach a link to that write up you speak of, that would be sweet considering the belt listed on quadratech doesn't actually do what it says.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this alternator swap with the AC compressor, i did a basic search and didn't come up with anything i think I m just slow when it comes to searching for stuff.

anyone with any links or knowledge would be greatly helpful, I'm a college student and about six hours away from home and honestly any little bit of gas savings is welcome haha.

on a H.O. 4.0, you must fab a bracket to mount the alternator high, but you can also install a durango high output alternator just as easy.
ive done it, its not difficult. im waiting for a chance to take photo's of it for a writeup (its on a friends mj)

my renix was a hell of a lot easier, but i cant easily mount the high output alternator...

Back