• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego M&G THIS Weds 10/21

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
6:30 pm THIS Wednesday, 10/21/2009

O'Briens American Pub in Kearny Mesa
http://www.obrienspub.net/
4646 Convoy St
San Diego, CA 92111-2315
(858) 715-1745

2 blocks north of Balboa, on the west side of Convoy St.

Lots of varieties of good beer. Order your own food & beer inside or people can go in on pitchers of beer. Typical bar food menu, good fries & onion rings.

See you there!!! :cheers:

OceanJet Mike: We can do Bullpen, if you prefer and will be attending. I have no real preference.

96JeepSpeed Ted, when did this scheduling conflict show up, huh? We've been doing the 3rd Weds for over a year now...If you're gonna ditch those other folk & come to ours, like I told Mike, I have no issue with changing it back to Bullpen.

Better beer selection at O'Brien's, but I thought the service sucked. Overall better
time at the Bullpen (even though it's kinda skanky)
JM2C

Okay, then change of plans!!! The M&G is back at the Bullpen, by popular demand (sorry MikeDashG!).

6:30pm at the Bullpen Bar & Grill (next bldg east from Cheetahs)
8199 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92111

It's on the south side of the street, just west of 163, and east of 805, in Clairemont Mesa. The front patio area should be pleasant...If it's full, we'll head toward the back room...

Carol

Overall better time at the Bullpen (because it's kinda skanky)

Fixed it for you. :D

Don't change venue on my account. I am planning on going but I have been sick for a week now and if I don't feel better by Wednesday, I will probably be out.

Mike the venue's already been changed back to the Bullpen (and yes, I know, the skanky factor is part of the Bullpen's appeal). I hope you feel well enough to make it (if for no other reason than that it would mean you weren't sick anymore!).

Better beer selection at O'Brien's

O'briens does not have a better beer selection. It's PHUKCING AMAZING and BullPen's selection is worst in town. I don't really like the food all that much at O'briens though, except the beer battered fries. :dunno:

:cheers:

OK, let's move it back to O'Brien's. Over 100 beers to choose from.
What say, Carol?

Pub crawl!

Start at O'briens... end at Bullpen... and hit a couple interesting spots in between...

I'm ok with whatever. Hope I'm feeling better by then... otherwise I may show up hopped up on Sudafed.

LOL, looks like I'm being a trouble maker. Back and forth, back and forth

<chants> Pub crawl! Sounds good to me Mike.

Go to O'briens for some beer battered fries and a good beer. Then over to Bullpen for better service, dinner, and eye candy :D

It's weird, but I do kinda like the Pub Crawl idea. So shall we say we'll be at O'Briens from 6:30-7:30, and Bullpen from 7:35 to ? Or do we need longer at either the Beer place or the Eye Candy place?

They're 1.48 miles from each other. As we leave O'Briens, we go right (South) on Convoy because it's easy, then left (East) on Balboa at the turn light, and then left at the light at Mercury, go back up to Clairemont Mesa Blvd, hang a quick right, and we're at the Bullpen... So if you go to the Bullpen & we're not there yet, head south on Mercury, West on Balboa, North on Convoy to O'Briens, keeping an eye out for XJs headed the opposite direction.

Ryan, yes, both places are under-21 friendly.

BUMP! Crawl TONIGHT (Wed 10/21/09), come on out (reiterating what Carol said)...

FIRST LOCATION (roughly 6:30pm-7:30pm)

O'Briens American Pub in Kearny Mesa
http://www.obrienspub.net/
4646 Convoy St
San Diego, CA 92111-2315
(858) 715-1745

Lots of varieties of good beer. Order your own food & beer inside or people can go in on pitchers of beer. Typical bar food menu, good beer battered fries & onion rings.

DIRECTIONS: 2 blocks north of Balboa, on the west side of Convoy St.

SECOND LOCATION (roughly 7:30pm-whenever)

Bullpen Bar & Grill (next bldg east from Cheetahs)
www.bullpenbar.com
8199 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92111
858) 503-6786

Not so good beer, but good pizza and nice eye candy

DIRECTIONS: It's on the south side of the street, just west of 163, and east of 805, in Clairemont Mesa. The front patio area should be pleasant...If it's full, we'll head toward the back room...

The two places are 1.48 miles from each other. As we leave O'Briens, we go right (South) on Convoy because it's easy, then left (East) on Balboa at the turn light, and then left at the light at Mercury, go back up to Clairemont Mesa Blvd, hang a quick right, and we're at the Bullpen... So if you go to the
Bullpen & we're not there yet, head south on Mercury, West on Balboa, North on Convoy to O'Briens, keeping an eye out for XJs headed the opposite direction.

:party1: :cheers:

See you there!!

Back