• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble code not clearing

mknack

NAXJA Forum User
My rig was having a few isuues recently with shifting and slipping out of gear while driving. Check engine light came on and stayed on as the problems developed. Borrowed a friends scan tool and it threw a few trouble codes. First one was p0123 and one other related to the TPS.

I bought a new TPS and changed it out today. After changing it out, I used the scan tool to clear the code, but it wouldnt do it. I tried several times, but it started to throw a new code, p0100. Not sure why it's doing this, any ideas of how I can fix this or what would be the cause?

Is this the typical procedure for clearing codes if you dont have a scangauge? How long do you hold them together

Replacing injectors tomorrow in an attempt to fix a misfire code.

Yes, if you don't have a scanner/reader that can clear the codes you can hold the cable ends together--Please don't blow up your PCM by trying to take a shortcut and leaving one cable attached to the battery!! (It has been done!)

This procedure will clear the PCM completely, but it will re-learn quickly. About 30 seconds should be more than enough time.

Thanks Joe.. this is the procedure for all OBDII? Guess it'll work on my ZJ as well.

Should work on all OBDI/II systems, it wipes all stored (volatile memory, I think that is the geek term) info. As I posted earlier, the PCM will quickly relearn.

Back