• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgrade shocks. . .

climbingbum

NAXJA Forum User
Im currently running pro comp 300 shocks all around (or i think thats what they are called). Thing is i just blew the rear driver side shock right off where it bolts on the top end. So now im looking to upgrade all around. After doing some research i found there a million options and i aint got a clue where to go. Im currently runnning 4.5" RE lift thats sitting a little higher due to the leafs and 1.75" spacers up frnt. What should i do for some high performance shocks?

how do the RS 9000 and Pro Comp MX6's compare to the bilsteins and RE's?

/hijack

how do the RS 9000 and Pro Comp MX6's compare to the bilsteins and RE's?

/hijack

I'd like to know this also. I plan on buying some quality shocks in the next two weeks. The guy at the offroad shop recommended the RS 9000 but, I haven't seen much on these on :NAXJA:.

go with bilsteins or BBCS... they are quality all around shocks for not rediculously expensive.

Bilstein 5125. Same shock as the 5150 without the res. As far as measurement, take a static measurement and call somebody that knows what they're talking about. Send Ecksjay a PM.

Rustys has bilstein 5100 shocks on clearance for 40$ for the front with 6 inches of lift, these would be perfect for your front, you would need to find some rears too but its a start.

Last edited:
I'd like to know this also. I plan on buying some quality shocks in the next two weeks. The guy at the offroad shop recommended the RS 9000 but, I haven't seen much on these on :NAXJA:.

The new RS9000 are much better then the old ones, and have a better finish thats more rust resistant, but still I am not comparing them to a Bilstien or a Monotube. Just saying there a good shock for a good price and there adjustable too.

Back