• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Ready

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
well after 6 months with a broken motor in my jeep, its finally done today!back in june I had a very tired motor with 167399 on the clock. Well it started to act up like pinging, horrible gar mileage low oil pressure and fluid leaks everywhere. one weekend I parked my jeep and began to take it apart. My first choice was to rebuild it for stock (est. 600 in parts), pony up the cash and build me a stroker or find a good low miles engine and swap it in. After going back and forth for months, Contempt Appareal had a low miles motor for sale. I purchased the motor. Thanks man for the great deal! So I took the motor home cleaned it and put new gaskets, oil pump, water pump, tune up and oil change. The other day I had wildman89(Rich), My neighbor Jim, SocalBill (Bill) and I pulled the old block from my jeep. Thanks Guy for all of your help! Thanks Bill for the Killer deal on my 35's! Anywho, During this week I dropped the new motor in the jeep. Today from 8AM-7PM I worked on putting the trans/transfercase in and putting the cooling system and everything to finish my project. About 10 mins ago, I got back from driving my jeep. Woah what a huge difference! So Im ready for JV! Ill see you guys out there in a few weeks!

calico063800x600.jpg

you're gonna have to bring me back my cherry picker and engine stand now. I sold my XJ today. Good news is, you can sleep in my RV if I can ride in your Jeep.

Hahah awesome I'm thinkin of running cleg next Saturday! Anyone wanna run?

I can vouch for it. nice work now get off yer ass and lets go wheelin' lol

I am glad you got it up and running :). I hope to see you at JV if I am able to go.. not sure yet.

Your rig is looking nice too :).

Haha thanks guys, I'm probably gonna run cleg next Saturday to work out the kinks, if any. Ill have pics for proof!

Good to hear your back and running Anthony.

how much you want for that motor?

Back