• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog Ultra-Flex Engine Mounts Install (CU2572-0K)

Mesh

NAXJA Forum User
With winter coming up I’m getting things ready for the ton of driving I do in search of snow. First thing I need is to reduce some of the noise. I’ve been using Daystar polyurethane engine mounts they’re very responsive but also transfer a lot of sound to the cab.

I was looking at both the MORE JM600 torsion rubber mounts and the Brown Dog CU2572-0K Ultra-Flex mounts. How did I decide on Brown Dog? There is just something about a good website with detailed photos and information. It makes me feel like they care about the product, also they also make some crazy engine brackets.

Replacing the engine mounts was easy and took about 30min. I loosened all the bolts on one side with the engine supported on a padded jack. Then I jacked it up a little more until the main bold pulled out easy. Swapped in the new mount tightened everything down with the main bolt only snug. Did the same thing on the other side and I was done.

1imgp0766.jpg

2imgp0760.jpg

3imgp0762.jpg

4imgp0770.jpg

5imgp0774.jpg

6imgp0778.jpg

It’s now much quieter and doesn’t feel like the engine is tearing everything apart. I bet you could even carry on a conversation while driving. I still like the performance of poly I wish I could still use them but when driving for hours at a time I need rubber.

The Daystar engine mounts will be in the For Sale section in the next day or so.

I won a set of the brown dog mounts at the 2009 Cherokee Crawl, and they are sitting in my tool box waiting to be put on. Hoepfully in the next week or two. Its a nice product from what I can tell, and they really do care about what they do as evident with a few phone calls to/from them. That, and they donate stuff for our NAXJA events!!

~James

I have the Brown Dog poly mounts, good mounts, the vibrations aren't really bad so I can assume that the ultra-flex mounts are pretty much like a beefy stock motor mount in terms of construction of the metal yet the soft rubber for the dampening effects.

Been running the Brown Dog Ultra-flex mounts for 2 years along with a Daystar poly trans mount.

Seems to be a good combination for me, and those Brown Dog mounts are first rate.

My brother made it 2.5" full stainless

Back