• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track-bar rubbing one out need help!!!

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed rustys adjustable track bar along with rustys over tht knuckle steering. My problem is that the tie rod is rubbing with the trac bar every time the i turn on any flex. any suggestions?

Sell it. All the rustys stuff I had on my rig was junk. My track bar mount sheered in half and they wouldn't replace it.

Sorry I cant offer any real help.

HAHA i heard alot of the same stuff, its cool though the otk steering was tossed in with the axle that i bought, and i got the adjustable track bar for 80 with brace. I will rock them until something breaks, and make up my own mind about their products. Please help though whats the solution?

9se6g9.jpg

It says that its not compatible with vacuum actuated axles. My housing is vacuum actuated, but I switched to single shafts. will this still not work for me?

No.

Whether you switched to a single shaft or not, you still have a vacuum actuated housing. The cast part on the vacuum actuated housing would interfere with the mounting of that part.

or ditch that steering..

I personally love the V8 ZJ setup for a super cheap stronger upgrade.

i figured "Ditching the axle" was not really an option considering i believe your talking about your new axles that are geared? lol

Exactly, the only reason i bought them was because they were already geared, All i had to do was swap the shafts over from my non disco. The OTK was just kind of a toss in thing. I think im gona roll the dice and go with rustys track bar bracket.

yah, not if but when

Back