• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

There She Stalls?...

Nova Wake

NAXJA Forum User
Well i already know i have a bad NSS but as of today, my jeep stalled on me when i was at a four way and i had to coast to the side of the road trying to restart it my nss gave me trouble, i fixed that and it wouldn't start just tried to and i could smell gas so i backed off for a few min and then she turned over.. Once in a blue moon the check engine light comes on when i start it and it idles really rough and low under 1000 rpms, but most of the time it doesn't have a problem at all, ive had rough idles and starts but usually they don't stall my vehicle and usually only happen once ie: start it turn it off start it later the rough idle goes away and is gone for a few months. What is going wrong with my vehicle? Is it the NSS further dieing on? The problem is very inconsistent it either happens or doesn't at all.

Last edited:
NSS is a CRANK, NO CRANK issue.

I would look at the IAC for stalling when coming to a stop. Pull it, clean it, clean the throttle body (use an approved TB cleaner), and then see what happens.

What is the NORMAL idle speed--normal being after about 20 minutes of driving, engine and transmission both fully warmed up, selector in DRIVE? Looking for 700-750 rpm.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info ill check that it usallly idles right around 1000 after start i haven't checked after driving for 20 mins but it doest chug and choke and sputter like it did today, when dropping lower.

I only drive 22 min to work, and them back home 9 hours later.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info ill check that it usallly idles right around 1000 after start i haven't checked after driving for 20 mins but it doest chug and choke and sputter like it did today, when dropping lower.

I only drive 22 min to work, and them back home 9 hours later.

Be sure and post back what you find.

Back