• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front bumpstops missed

xj9140

NAXJA Forum User
I am searching for a solution for my front bump stop delima. They work fine 80% of the time, but yesterday I backed onto this stump and my front bump stop missed my bump stop extension. My tire damaged my flare and bent up my fender :( I have 8" of lift and 37" tires.
stump.jpg

I have stock bump stops with a 5" extension. The extensions are just 2.5" UHMW round stock bolted to the coil bucket.
1017091312.jpg

so I need to change something. What would be my best solution? I would rather not have to buy anything.

I am searching for a solution for my front bump stop delima. They work fine 80% of the time, but yesterday I backed onto this stump and my front bump stop missed my bump stop extension. My tire damaged my flare and bent up my fender :( I have 8" of lift and 37" tires.
stump.jpg

I have stock bump stops with a 5" extension. The extensions are just 2.5" UHMW round stock bolted to the coil bucket.
1017091312.jpg

so I need to change something. What would be my best solution? I would rather not have to buy anything.
try shortening the upper arms? alxle looks rotated forward too far, maybe just a bad pic?

Back