• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blow-by Band-aid

That would work.

Have you made sure the CCV system is fully functional?

That would work, but I converted mine to PCV instead and couldn't be happier. I was out less than $10 on the project and I haven't gotten a drop of oil on the air filter yet. It even slowed my rear main leak...

That would work, but I converted mine to PCV instead and couldn't be happier. I was out less than $10 on the project and I haven't gotten a drop of oil on the air filter yet. It even slowed my rear main leak...

Do a PCV write-up then. I would like to see what exactly you did so take a lot of pics.

I don't have any pictures, but it was pretty simple. I pulled the valve cover and removed the reed valve from the rear hole in the valvecover. To do this you need to pull the standoff on the valve cover, I reused the standoff to keep it from sucking oil. Then I got a grommet and PCV valve for an 85 cj with a 6 cylinder (I think, but most any will work as long as it has a 90* fitting on it and the grommet fits the hole). I replaced the fitting in the original CCV hole in the intake with a 3/8 compression fitting and bent a copper hard line running from there to the PCV valve. I connected the copper to the PCV with a small piece of rubber hose and hose clamps. A barb fitting would work also and just use rubber the whole way.

Back