• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My little JY score

1990JEEPXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
went to ecology and PYP and got me a 95 dual diaphragm brake booster and MC, and some nice aftermarket tow hook brackets. they mount the same as C4x4 brackets but with one more point of attachment. :wave:

IMG_0001-18.jpg

IMG_0002-18.jpg

IMG_0004-14.jpg

tomorrow im going back for a 99 durango steering box. mine sucks. i know there is a separate thread for this but if anyone wants me to grab something for them i can see what i can do.

Last edited:
What Jeep did you pull those off? There were two ZJs there that had tow hooks, I don't think the brackets would fit but I just took 2 hooks.

there was a green cherokee sport. about a 94. it was in the middle of the section to the right at ecology. i saw the ZJ's with hooks. there is an orvis edition there still with the hooks and brackets.

Yeah, that's the complete OEM tow hook setup. A lot of people miss the angle iron on the inside of the frame extension behind the bumper.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket tow hook brackets that have the angle iron brace and the brace on the bottom of the tow hook, these are what make the OEM brackets the best ones out there.

there was a green cherokee sport. about a 94. it was in the middle of the section to the right at ecology. i saw the ZJ's with hooks. there is an orvis edition there still with the hooks and brackets.

Dude, if I wasnt across the country from that place, I would get those seats without a thought about money.

Yeah, that's the complete OEM tow hook setup. A lot of people miss the angle iron on the inside of the frame extension behind the bumper.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket tow hook brackets that have the angle iron brace and the brace on the bottom of the tow hook, these are what make the OEM brackets the best ones out there.

good to know. thanks for the info :cheers:

Dude, if I wasnt across the country from that place, I would get those seats without a thought about money.

actually the seats were all torn. the leather wasnt nice and soft anymore either. but there are a lot of nice WJ's and a 98 XJ limited with the full tan leather interior

where are these yards located?

and how much did you get the dual diaphragm and mc for?

i was planning on going to some of the yards out in sun valley for the brake and durango box, but if theres better places with more jeeps i'll try there too.

I think the main thing I'll be looking for is a 29 spline 8.25. I went to PYP last weekend for their half-off sale, I'm thinking the primo yard is the yard I need to go to. I've never been in there, the regular yard has hardly any XJs.
But I hate paying 4 bucks to get in to have them jack up the prices on the parts as well.

I think the main thing I'll be looking for is a 29 spline 8.25. I went to PYP last weekend for their half-off sale, I'm thinking the primo yard is the yard I need to go to. I've never been in there, the regular yard has hardly any XJs.
But I hate paying 4 bucks to get in to have them jack up the prices on the parts as well.
My D44 might be for sale soon...

Why? The D44 is a better axle. It does not have C clips or the problem with the tubes spinning.

8.8. Depending on how much ecology wants for an 8.8, will determine how much i sell my 44 for, Might be pretty cheap.
I pretty much base a rough estimate of prices off of PYP
http://www.pickyourpart.com/pricing/
I believe it's about 150 bucks, although I've heard people scraping a rear end up for 120 there. Heck one guy I talked to said he got a D44 on half-off day for 60 bucks. He then wanted to sell it to me for 200, lol.
I want an 8.8, there's one for sale in the for sale section but he's far away and I'd need all the brake hardware on top of all the normal swap stuff.

there is an 8.25 at ecology in a white 98 XJ that you cant miss. its right in front.

and at the PYP i got the booster, MC and prop valve for $58, i now its not dirt cheap but its cheaper than new. there is a 96 XJ at ecology with the booster and all that still. its the XJ i got my hooks off of

Back