• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dumb question...

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
OK, my XJ brethren... just picked up a '94 XJ sport, 4.0, auto, LSD in rear, D30/D35... not sure what xfer case... shifter reads as follows:

2WD
4parttime
4fulltime
N
4LO

My '92 XJ and both Wranglers had NP 241... which case is this?

BTW... nice to have a Jeep again! Like the room in the XJs... gonna give 'er the 3-3 1/2" budget boost like my other XJ, already put new 31/10.50/15 ATs on it today! Just picked it up last night... cream puff, really good shape for 1000 frogskins! Even has the original spare that has never been on the ground! Tilt wheel, no power accessories, but has air (I see onboard air in my future!)... check engine light has come on a couple times, after long freeway cruise... thinking 02 sensor... will have codes read tomorrow... and, WOW! After driving that white TJ w/2.5, I LOVE the power of the 4.0!

Think I'm gonna pop her cherry tomorrow up at TSF... nothing major, just Cedar Tree and Archer's, and maybe Hogsback... gonna stay away from FB5 till I get 'er lifted some... anybody wanna meet up?

Yep... it's an NP242... went to main forum, looked in FAQ section... but thanks for the reply!

the NP241 is, I believe, the "Rock Trac" case used in the TJ Rubicon.

241OR = 4:1 rock trac 241= 2.72:1 low range dodge/chevy truck case IIRC

Back