• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking windshiel

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
So what can I put on my windshield on my old ass jeep (90 XJ) (sealer etc.) to keep it from leaking during rain or do I have to have it reset by a windshield installer?

Hallo. Mostly the leak is caused by rust of the metal frame.
If you remove the windshield , you can remove the rust and do some prevention. :looney:
p.s. Silicon sealer on silicon sealer don't work well. But you can try. Remove all the strips and clean the surfaces very thorough before you start. (not with milk)

'92XJ wim

Last edited:
i have a 90 and my windshield was also leaking so i preformed the.... "rock into windshield" procedure. so upon installation they gently pushed the windshield out seeing it was completely rotted away.

i have a 90 and my windshield was also leaking so i preformed the.... "rock into windshield" procedure. so upon installation they gently pushed the windshield out seeing it was completely rotted away.

I think rot may be a contributing factor for me as well

The seal does dry out over time and the lack of flexibility can cause leaks....
Last year on the way to Moab, Utah.... I found out that my windshield seal leaked badly during a heavy rain.... We dont get rain in San Diego very often....
Once I returned home from the event; I had a new seal and windshield installed for $155.
The old windshield was sand blasted due years of driving in Southern California during San Ana winds...

Back