• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MV-50 Compressor? Where'd you mount yours?

OBXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my MV-50 in the mail and am trying to decide where to mount it. i really want it under the hood but there isnt a whole lot of available real estate.

Where'd you mount yours?

Pics would be great too!

MODS: Sorry, i posted this in the wrong forum. Feel free to delete if there is a lack of replies.

I keep mine in the bag and pull it out when I need it. I'll be converting my AC to OBA, so it will just be a backup.

Depends on what year your xj is, where the available space may be.

I mounted my Viair under the radiator bottle on my '89...for one trip. I then realized that under-hood heat (summer wheeling) drastically shortened the duty cycle of the compressor. Now mine is mounted in the cut-out in the right rear inside. I like my AC too much to convert to belt-driven OBA.

OBXJ said:
I just got my MV-50 in the mail and am trying to decide where to mount it. i really want it under the hood but there isnt a whole lot of available real estate.

Hi...where did you get it...I heard it was discontinued.

AlohaBra said:
Hi...where did you get it...I heard it was discontinued.
The MV-50 has been disc., but the same unit (maybe minor changes? don't know) is sold as the MF-1050 - Masterflow "Tsunami". Pep Boys has it for $60. Currently a $10 rebate on that, too.

Back