• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

decal removal

94HOCHEROKEE

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone knew any good ways to get the tape from the decal emblems off w/o scratching paint, I also was wondering how to get the tape from my "red stripe" panels off. :compwork:

Any input is greatly appreciated...... Thanks in advance:viking:

Heat gun.

the tape comes off easily if you carefully peel it/pull it very slowly/roll+pick it off with your thumbnails. The stickers - like joe said, hit it with a heatgun, then probably goo-gone or equivalent, then probably use a wax stripper on the whole car and buff it up to make sure you got everything off + re-surface/protect the clearcoat.

Auto body supply shops have a decal removing tool that looks like a round rubber eraser with an arbor on it. you canuse it with a drill or die grinder.

These erasers work awsome. I borrowed one from my body shop buddy when I took the side molding off. The remainder of the double sided tape was off in about ten minutes.

Curt

Back