• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheeling in blythe

mgt

NAXJA Member #653
is there any places near blythe? im working out here for a few weeks and want to have some fun.

Yeah, I don't know how you're set up, or who you would go wheeling with, but there is a great trail east of Blythe called Fistfull of Dollars. You get off of I10 on the Tom Wells Rd exit and go south on the dirt road bearing SE to one of the big canyons in the ridge to the east. I've been there and run it twice, but it would be hard to explain exactly how to get to it. It's a hard rock crawling trail, with plenty of great obstacles, the coolest one is called the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.....three choices of lines on a big ledge that crosses the whole canyon.

Parker also has a bunch of good trails, and the Desert Bar. In Parker, all trails lead to the Desert Bar. It's open noon to dark on Sat and Sun, and has live entertainment, a pretty cool place.

Out west of the prison is Agustine... Dupont... Chuckwalla Spr. off of Graham Pass. North of the airport at the north end of the Mc Coys are a few mines... some pill boxes from when Patton had his troops out there training... south of the freeway south of Wiley Wells are the Geode beds... further south is the Milpitas Wash area and the Paymaster Mine... Draper Wash goes out to the river... then as Goatman stated there are lots of places in Az. out near Quartzsite.

Curt

Here's a few pics of Fistfull of Dollars.

Led on the Ugly.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Pic from the top of the Ugly.

standard.jpg

Sean (OnetonXJ) on the Bad.

standard.jpg

More Fistfull of Dollars pics.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here's a few more from that day. :)

Sean front axle shaft:

standard.jpg

Rick rear driveline:

standard.jpg

Gary front axle shaft:

standard.jpg

Jerry rear driveline:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

i just want to go play around after work. jeep is build pretty good 33's,locked t /b 6" lift. would like to run the harder trails with a group of people.

Damn......
< added to list of trails to break on>

:D

We gotta do an AZ trip next year......and run this trail on the way out there. :D

We gotta do an AZ trip next year......and run this trail on the way out there. :D

Count me in!

I'd love to explore more of AZ too. Rick, Kyung and i had a great time a couple years ago in Florence Juntion. Actually, that was the last time Kyung wheeled with us.

Back