• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drilling out the Dana 30 upper control mount

chris_amrein

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to drill out the factory sleeve in the Dana 30 upper control arm mount (on the axle)? I'd like to run something larger than a 10 mm bolt. I'd like to run a 7/16" bolt and it starts, but there's little "tack weld" type bumps inside the sleeve. Anyone had luck using a reamer?

Thanks, Chris

yea it can be done just plan on destroying the drill bit, and it takes a while but totally do able I did the same thing when i put on my adjustable uppers and i had to get a new bolt because that funky factory bult wouldn't work.

rock krawler makes a uniball style joint that can replace the upper bushings and allows you to run a 1/2" bolt

if rock krawler is still using the same upper bushing, i wouldnt recommend it AT ALL... no pics, but its designed pretty lamely.

are you talking about the right or left uca mount?

there is this..
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
http://www.currieenterprises.com/CESTORE/Product.aspx?id=2889

Description: This is the specially machined Johnny Joint® rod end out of our CE-9102K front end housing kit. This joint is designed to be driven into the bushing bore on the gear case casting side of the TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ Dana 30 or 44 frontend housings to replace the stock rubber bushing. Features a 7/16" thru bolt hole and includes a 7/16" greasable bolt. Sold each.
Unit of Measure: Each

Back