• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To all who have bed lined before...

SoreRunner

NAXJA Forum User
Should I bed line over the tar crap that is left over from interior sound damper material? Tomorrow is the day of pursuing this deeper by myself, so just shooting the breeze and seeing what all you thought. Thank you for any help ahead of time.

Yes and keep it off your Hootus.

Should I give a lite coat of primer/flat black to the surface? Then obviously take a scotch style pad to the surface to roughen it up a bit. Thank you for the fast response WaXJ_Skier!

Meh when I did it I just sanded out all the rust, cleaned everything, then had at it. It seems to stick to pretty much anything regardless.

I've now decided I'm never going to herculine my Jeep again though, unless I plan to actually run without carpet. Considering I herculined my last rig and never ended up "swamping it and just pulling the carpet out" like I thought I would at some point it was just a waste of time for me.

Great stuff though, don't get me wrong!

~Scott

I don't like the factory carpet. It acts like velcro to my two pugs after they ride in it. Plus I love the rugged look to it, and it's easier to vacuum. I've been wanting to do this since my very first Cherokee, but this time it's in my Grand Cherokee. I also like to be a little different at times. Hence me also posting with this forum and not NAGCA.

you also got to think about blocking the heat that comes from the tranny hump. it gets really hot! I have done this on 2 rigs and both were wheelers. I wouldnt do it on a dd. Its loud, doesnt clean up well, and it gets warm. my cousin this summer melted the soles of his shoes on a wheeling trip.

you also got to think about blocking the heat that comes from the tranny hump. it gets really hot! I have done this on 2 rigs and both were wheelers. I wouldnt do it on a dd. Its loud, doesnt clean up well, and it gets warm. my cousin this summer melted the soles of his shoes on a wheeling trip.
And the heat from the Muffler & cat. put in some shielding.

Back