• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OX Locker control

Crasher

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a used Oxlocker for my hp30 and the cable seems a little stiff. I'm considering their air shifter or the electric shifter instead of a new cable. The air one looks the simplest and it would tie right into my CO2 regulator. Does anyone run either of these?? How do they work ?

I'm running an OX in the front of mine, and I love it! I've NEVER had any issues with it in about 4 years. What do you mean by the cable is stiff? Have you installed it yet? I can tell you this, the straighter you install that cable, the better it will operate. I ran mine straight through my firewall to the left side of my seat. So other than the turn it makes from the diff, it runs pretty parallel/straight to where I have the handle to switch it. I hope this answers your question? :thumbup:

The problem is that the internal cable won't turn inside the outer part and requires too much pressure to slide. It has enough resistance that I don't think the springs to engage and disengage could overcome that resistance. I was asking if anyone had used the air actuator and whether it worked well or not.

While I haven't used the air actuator, I'll say that you probably won't find many people with it. I think one of the strong selling points of the OX is that it is cable actuated, so they would probably stick with the calbes.

I haven't noticed anyone on here mention that they use it before, but I am also interested to find out anyone's opinions.

It's so new that there aren't many out there yet. I spoke with Rick (I think that's his name) at Ox Lock and he says that it has worked out well. It's a simple air cylinder that just screws into the cover. an air line runs up to a toggle valve on the dash and a air suppy line from the valve to my CO2 regulator. It needs 100 psi. It's pretty simple. The only problem could be air leaks. The air kit is slightly more than the replacement cable so, I ordered the kit today. I like the idea of flipping a toggle switch and not having to worry about the cable ending up the same as this one after a couple years.

I got a buddy that loves the OX locker but hated the cable system. So he rigged up an air actuator for it and ran it off a small paintball CO2 tank. He's had it like that for years now and goes more places than most. He has never had an issue with it either.

Parakeet

He did this about 3 or 4 years ago too BTW. He did it homebrew really cheap as far as I can remember. I would do it but look into it and see if you can source your own parts for the air actuated switch. It may be cheaper.

Parakeet

Back