• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low COG

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning on building 60's and running 37s. Also doin a 3link front. I want to keep it low, like 2.5-3 inches of lift. Would coils or coilovers be better for the front and why?

I would check out the "Adv Fab" forum,tons of info there!

i was happy with coils

that and i had to keep a stock type suspension to compete in the class i ran

3" and 37's 44/60, wristed radius arm

Im kind of concerned with the size of the 60 pumpkin. dont know how low i can go before i get issues with the oil pan. How much uptravel do you have?

Im kind of concerned with the size of the 60 pumpkin. dont know how low i can go before i get issues with the oil pan. How much uptravel do you have?

1.5" of free travel then about 2.5" of bumpstop (progressive rate) even though this was sufficient to keep my truss out of my oil pan, and even if the bumps were gone, my shocks would limit my truss from hitting my oil pan ( by a few inches). somehow on hard landings my truss would find a way to smack my oil pan and bend the bearing cradle in there.

rustys 3"= suck
some no name progressive rate 2" coil= were ok
tomken 3"= awesome

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813244

He did leaves for his build but hes keeping it at like 2.5" of lift on 38's so it might be a good thread to check out.

I will be doing more research on this when I get home but I have a question for anyone who has better internet access than I do (at work so half the pictures don't on half of these sites :banghead:). Question for anyone that is willing to answer it. The last picture in post #11 of the build.. does anyone know if that is with his full width axles or stock width and backspaced tires?

I ask because my stock axles with the backspaced wheels and 33x12.50s put the tires out just about that far (maybe an inch or 2 narrower than that)... I want to keep my tires right about where they are now (width wise) so if that is with full width axles, I can avoid shortening axles when I do my build and instead just buy new wheels. If anyone can verify if that picture was taken with the full width axles under the rig that would be great! Thanks

-Scott

Back