• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jc super slider fitment?

CMAHON

NAXJA Forum User
just got mine today and look great. when i mocked them up the rear plate that bolts to the "frame rail" is 3/16 - 1/4in away from rail. anybody have any mounting advice? sorry going on a 2001

Do you mean JCR? If so, just give them a call @ 269-353-1184 between 9 and 6 Central Time. They'll help you figure out what's going on.

Lots of threads on this,they really should check their jigs.They were on here yesterday(bumper thread) and are really pro-active on fitment issues!

If they are JCR, I believe the attachment points(legs) are different lengths. Swap them and see if it helps. I noticed on mine, Brian welds an R on the bottom of the right side slider.

^^^^^^^^^^Thats only the second bad comment I have read about JCR..... I say post pics to prove they were that bad, or a better explaination

The first one b****** about bad welds on their bumpers, but never posted pics to prove they were bad...

Unless of course you are being sarcastic.

In defense of JCR and any other custom or aftermarket company, custom parts don't always fit perfect. I see it daily at work and its with almost all brands and companies product. I don't have any experience with JCR but I have installed many bumpers and sliders on many vehicles and 90% need some kind of finagling and minor adjusting to get them to fit right. This is dealing with ARB, Road Armor, Warn, Smitty Built, Fab Fours, and others as well.

Exactly^^^^^^^^^^^
If you want it perfect, make it yourself. I was just saying that since getting into this jeep stuff, I have only read two negative comments about JCR in about 2 years. The first did not prove his claims though.

And to the OP. If it comes down to it, just make a spacer for the mounts. If you can't then I am sure JCR would be glad to.

just got mine today and look great. when i mocked them up the rear plate that bolts to the "frame rail" is 3/16 - 1/4in away from rail. anybody have any mounting advice? sorry going on a 2001

My 88 was the same way, about a 3/16ths gap on both f/r though. I just installed them anyways, and beat them good with no ill results. I was initially fairly concerned but after a few really hard hits that at the time I just *knew* had to break something, they are still good. One of the outrigger tubes is dented even. In the future it will pretty convenient to weld on some frame stiffeners and still be able to bolt the rails back on.

Same here - they didn't fit "perfect" but were within an 1/8". I have since beat them without mercy and they have not flinched. They take the punishment and say "is that all you got?"

My 88 was the same way, about a 3/16ths gap on both f/r though. I just installed them anyways, and beat them good with no ill results. I was initially fairly concerned but after a few really hard hits that at the time I just *knew* had to break something, they are still good. One of the outrigger tubes is dented even. In the future it will pretty convenient to weld on some frame stiffeners and still be able to bolt the rails back on.

I run jcr sliders and they went on without any problems.
People are moaning and groaning over 1/8"-3/16"??
Thats not bad for vehicles that are 10-20 years old with an unknown amount of abuse.
I've been building off road rigs for a real long time, nothing is ever dead nuts.

Back