• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag Sensor

conceitedjake

NAXJA Forum User
My airbag light keeps coming on and off. I removed the console and tried to wiggle each wire on the harness individually but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the light coming on. In the mornings it doesn't start up until the Jeep is kinda warm. It also didn't start any of this until I removed my carpet? Knowing my beloved finicky XJ it probably doesn't like the new found heat coming from the floorboards. Anyone care to chime in with thoughts? Thanks.

Oh forgot vehicle info. 2000 Limited, Auto, 4.0, NP242, ABS. I also check to make sure the horn and cruise work to eliminate something in the steering column.

That was in 97 or 98. My 2000 sensor is under the console already which is where the recall moved it to. I just spent some time researching that recall to make sure mine isn't involved. Any other ideas.

Back