• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 AC Bypass Pulley

Laurent Wagoneer

NAXJA Forum User
last night in the dam rain i hit this puddle of water and it splashed the interior of engine.... about 5 seconds later it dies on me. im on the fwy.... towed it home and started this morning with loud loud noise coming from AC compressor. i figure its either the bearings or the clutch.... anyhow, i just want to get rid of the compressor period as it also bibrates (even before this incident).

i have been looking online for a Bypass but they only seem to have them for 1991+

wil that work for my 1990 or are there any other alternatives? i dont want another compressor.

Thanx!

The good news is you can purchase an a/c bypass pulley assembly.

The bad news is you have to go to a salvage yard and pull the pulley and bracket from a non-a/c equipped XJ, probably 87-90 should work.

The bracket is massive, unlike the later models.

Good luck.

I have one in Anaheim that you can have for free.

or you can buy them at checker O'Reilly's or whatever they call themselves these days.

Back