• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noise over speedhumps

HeepSpeed

NAXJA Forum User
When I go over speed bumps, I get a loud click as if something is loose or it rocks back and forth. It was doing it before I lifted it.

Motor mounts? I thought it would have gone away after the lift (if it was suspension related), but it's obviously not.

Any thoughts? Need more description? Definitely comes from the driver's side front. Less noticeable if I go over bumps with 1 tire first diagonally.

Check your stabilizer links for your front sway bar..see if the bushings are slap wore out...if they rock back and forth real bad, they need replacement.

Check your stabilizer links for your front sway bar..see if the bushings are slap wore out...if they rock back and forth real bad, they need replacement.

Agreed, and check your shocks to see if they are loose or the bushings bad, and take a real good look at the track bar frame mount, they egg-out and get sloppy.

Back