• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get bar pins??

X-defector

NAXJA Forum User
Simple question with no easy answer!! I've searched and searched, and while I find a TON of references to bar pin eliminators (I'm sure there is a good reason for that), I can't find a single place to buy bar pins except the stealership, and that ain't gonna happen. Where do I get them??

I'm putting JK shocks on, and don't want to destroy the old shocks getting out the pin (they are still perfectly good). The old pins seem near impossible to get out...just want a couple to pop into the JK shocks, hopefully for cheap...

simple things like bar pins, Leaf spring clamps.. etc seem to be extremely hard to find for me too. good luck!

I'll look at work tomorrow to see if I still have the ones I knocked out of my RC shocks. I might have thrown them away, but, if I still have them, you can have them for the price of shipping.

I can't find a link at the moment, but bilstein has t-bars you can buy for $10-15 each w/ the rubber eye. I'm in the process of sourcing shorter shocks for the front and have to convert the eyes on each end to a stud and t-bar.

If the bushing is in OK shape, you could actually make your own pretty easily. Measure the diameter of the bar pin where it goes through the rubber bushing, go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy some iron pipe or round steel bar stock of approximately the same diameter, cut pieces of the right length, and bore properly spaced holes through the ends. Optionally either crush the pipe with a vise or grind flats into the bar stock before drilling the holes. Shouldn't cost more than $15-20 for materials.

Good find, thanks for the information. But geez...$15 per pin? That's insane, I could buy BPEs for less money than a pair of pins!! Guess there is more than one reason people ditch their pin setups....

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow NAXJA member, my solution is on its way.

Hopefully this thread, and the above post in particular, will help someone else with a bar pin conundrum....

Back