• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My front bar pin eliminators..

JRW7072009

NAXJA Forum User
I just thought I would share what I did to the XJ today, I am working on lifting it and the shocks I had ended up being too short.

Long story short I had a set off a new stock full size Dodge shocks laying around and they were perfect length and right style on the top of the shock, only thing was with the bottom eye I was not able to press out the stock bushing or sleeve to get a bar pin through. So we came up with using these Chevy shock brackets.

I had to drill out the holes a little on the brackets, the XJs holes are a hair wider. We replace these with taller ones at work when we do the level kits on late 90 to I believe 06 Chevy's, basically the ones with the torsion bars.

So this is how it turned out.
picture.php

i would be interested to see how that flexes out, and how much stress is put on that lower bushing, the shock is thurned 90* off of the stock orientation

i would be interested to see how that flexes out, and how much stress is put on that lower bushing, the shock is thurned 90* off of the stock orientation

Yeah I thought about this, if its and issue I will turn them and weld it on instead we will see. I will take it up the ramp when I am done with the lift I am waiting on some shackles.

Ahhhh...

Cool mod! They look solid enough, thicker than the stock XJ sway-bar link mount, bracket-thingie. (Technical name, I got it from an engineer. Trust me! :D )

Would you like me to post a pic from Photobucket? They seem to work well...

:)

Um, I'd love to see the piccies, but can't see anything... Is it just me? There isn't even the little red 'X' box...

:confused:

x3

edit: got it now

Back