• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tumors don't make for a good year

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
I gotsta tire tumors in muh sidewall. Ya think tumors are covered under the road hazard warranty at discount tire? Or should I take the air out and jam a nail in the other sidewall just to be sure this tire IS covered :D

4009928865_f8ee5b7c72_o.jpg

You're not wheelin hard enough.

They can happen from impact as well, had one on my Accord, sure enough the rim was bent right near it on the back side, must have been a pothole.

Call and ask.

How often have you driven fast aired down? I see a lot of overheated sidewalls from low air pressure, or maybe its just the Goodyear's
:peace:

Hmm, not sure how often I do it, but I do do it. Mostly out in the desert getting to the trail. But I have run them on the street at low psi a handful of times. Once about a month ago, and then again earlier this year. And probably a couple of times last year. This tire specifically, probably those two times this year only.

OK its bugging me. Thats an Aneurysm not a tumor.

KH
I knew that'd get to you, Kevin!!

Mike, I would call a Discount you are not going to, and ask about the sidewall bulge issue. If they say it's replaceable, get the guy's name, and go to your Discount. If they shoot you down, tell them who you talked to at the other Discount.

If they still won't do it, throw the tire back in your Acura, take a knife to it, and go to a different Discount complaining of a psycho ex-girlfriend cutting your tire or something. Or better yet, have Vanessa take it in and show them a picture of you as an explanation for what happened to it :gee:!!

Carol: I thought about the call route, but I figured it would be easier to tell me "no" over the phone then it would be a customer standing in there show room with a tire in their hands ready to flip out if they told me no.

Anywho, I went on lunch. It's covered, but no Discounts have the old tread pattern MTR. My choices were get 1 Kevlar MTR and have it mismatched on the axle, get one BFG MT NEW pattern 35 and also have it mismatched. Or buy one new tire and at least have the one axle be the same.

I went a head and went with two new Kevlar MTRs, paid for 1 tire and 2 new warranties. I hate the new look of the new MTRs, and I really like the tread pattern/look of the new BFG MTs, but I just know tht Kevlar MTR is gonna be a way better tire... Right? :D

Hmmmm... Sounds like twisted justification to buy cool new tires =). I like it!! :scottm:

Probably a good investment, though.

Back