• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This weekend...

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone a few friends and i are camping out off of the 14 on ep 15 Friday night. On Saturday we are planning on meeting up with another group at Jawbone station at 930 to go through Last Chance and Nightmare Gulch. If anyone wants to go we will be camping on ep 15 friday night. Or be at the Jawbone station at 9:30 Saturday morning. We are camping Saturday night also and heading back to Bakersfield some time Sunday.

What's ep 15?

I love Last Chance canyon, wish I were in town.

What's ep 15?

I had been wondering the same thing. Google came up with http://www.california-rand-gold-camps.com/LINKS-and-NUMBERS.html, which gave me:

"Burro Schmidt Tunnel – William Henry “Burro” Schmidt spent 38 years hand drilling this half-mile long shortcut to nowhere in the El Paso Mountains. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places and featured in Ripley’s Believe It Or Not. Accessible by dirt road EP 15 from State Route 14 four miles north of Red Rock Canyon State Park or EP 100 from Garlock Road one mile west of Garlock town site. High clearance vehicles recommended. Maps available at Jawbone Station. 760.384.5400"

Hey everyone a few friends and i are camping out off of the 14 on ep 15 Friday night. On Saturday we are planning on meeting up with another group at Jawbone station at 930 to go through Last Chance and Nightmare Gulch. If anyone wants to go we will be camping on ep 15 friday night. Or be at the Jawbone station at 9:30 Saturday morning. We are camping Saturday night also and heading back to Bakersfield some time Sunday.

What kind of equipment are you camping with? Tents, trailers, RVs? I'm heading up to that area in the near future and am looking for a place to dry camp with my RV.

$25/night is too dang much for the state park CG.

Thanks. So EP 15 is the road we take from the top of Last Chance Canyon back out to Hwy 14 north of Red Rock.

Thanks. So EP 15 is the road we take from the top of Last Chance Canyon back out to Hwy 14 north of Red Rock.

Ya Richard that is the road. Also for the question about camping... My wife and I and our 3 year old and 1 year old are attempting to camp in the jeep. EP15 is a decent road i have seen rvs and trailers on it camping so i am sure you wont have a issue. It is basically a dirt road but there are spots with sand if i remember correctly.

So is anyone interested?

Ok well you cant really read it that well but the road is the 14 and the black circle is where there are two billboards one on each side of the road and the red circle is ep15 (Last Chance canyon RD.)

EP15.jpg

Green is the 14
Light blue is Red Rock Randsberg Rd
Dark Blue is Last Chance
Pinkish color is about where Nightmare is (i believe)
Red is EP15
Black dot is the two billboards

lastchance.jpg

Im going out there with another XJ and a new black Rubicon. Will be doing last chance cyn. Saterday. Not sure on the time yet. Mabey see you guys there.

Hit Randsburg while you're up there for the world's best milkshake.

What size tires are you running? I bypassed the v-notch on my 31's but I bet I could do it.

Back