• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newb RE track bar install q

So, I am finally installing my RE1600 on my 89 xj.

The prob: the bolt from rubicon express that goes through the frame side mount is bigger than the hole in the bracket.

Q: Can I drill it out and put it in? I don't really see many other options also if anyone has the install instructions or has put one or more of these in before. Can you tell me does it go bolt, sleeve, heim, sleeve2, bracket, nut or bolt, sleeve, heim, bracket, sleeve2, nut???

Sorry if that last q doesn't make sense, I cant really think of any other way to describe it w/o drawing it.

are do you have it going in the right hole? (hehe) if i recall correctly, the larger one goes on the bottom and sandwiches the pinch seam...

The directions call for you to drill the hole in the bracket out.

ah... dont mind me then... i was thinking of the wrong tracbar...

begster thanks man, I was looking for something like that I even emailed them. just got home from work and they emailed me back- thats good customer service considering i even told them i bought it used. thats the kind of company i like.

Back