• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wipers and climate control dead

dangerousdavid

NAXJA Forum User
i'd been having a problem with my climate control going out on me. i found that the fuse in the fuse block for the blower was burning up. not getting a good connection or something and getting hot. if i messed with it...bumped it a little the climate control would come back on. well this week i decided to fix that little problem by taking that particular fuse on the block out of the equation and putting my own in. you can buy a little in-line fuse holder from the parts store for a couple bucks. well i snip the purple wire coming out of the back of the breaker at the bottom of the fuse block that normally goes to the one side of the blower fuse and hook it up to one side of the new in-line fuse that i just got. then i take the brown wire off the other side of the blower fuse and hook it up to the other side of the new in-line fuse....now the blower and the wipers aren't workin....what did i do wrong? maybe i'm just being an ass and i dont know what i'm doin but i figured i'd done it right. any help guys?

What year? It would help for people to refer to wiring diagrams. Are you sure that the hot side in to the fuse box didn't supply both the wipers and the blower and split off to different fuses (in the fuse box).

Back