• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Outsiders look at the chapter nominations

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Dawn of a new era around here? Is someone going to step up and clean this place up? It's starting to smell like a back alley around here, it would be nice if someone chased the riff-raff out... even if it was us.

This chapter needs a swift kick in the ass! Come on guys, what happened to this place? we've gone from the biggest and best to the biggest mess.

Who will step up to lead the group?
Who can put this chapter back together?
Who can bring back the members who went black because of the disorganization and lack of moderation?
Who can trick newbs into going red because we are all nice to eachother again??!?!

And in all seriousness,
Who can bring back the RESPECT that everyone lost for eachother around here for christs sake??

and...
Who can put up with my BS? :D

I know i have no say in what happens with the election this fall because i have gone black... but I want you guys to know that I, as well as others, are closely watching what i can see here in the local chapter of the local BOD elections. This time i want to see promises that will be carried through, and people that can devote the time needed to clean this place up. I know i am not the only one who can see that this place deteriorated IMMENSELY in the past year or so, and i think (without directly blaming the current or past admin) it had alot to do with the lack of a "boss" around here. What we need is a presence around these parts.... someone who is going to be here, to listen to us bitch, and to freaking do something about it.

So, who WANTS to take this task on? Convince me why i should go red again, or tell me to piss off, either way, this chapter need to discuss some things.

MODS: I posted this not to solicit nominees, but to find out who was interested in running. I (as well as quite a few others that have gone black recently) am considering renewing, but i want to know why i should. Delete if you see fit but hell at least PM me and tell me why ;)

well mike since you seem to know what this place needs oh so well, why dont you get off you arse and do something about it .;..:D..:.

Were I still in Ca I'd be running.

I've met alot of people through NAXJA who have been a huge help to me in my build, whether it be Cal coming to help me build my D30, Aaron fixing my death wobble, Mike holding parts for me that I never come pick up, or Jason and Chris arranging parts trains, and have tried to pay it forward whenever possible.

I have noticed that despite what gets said on here things rarely tend to get heated in person. I think part of the solution is more in person meets, there's a face to face connection that you just can't get over the internets. The problem for that with SoCal of course its its so big and the traffic sucks so much that its rare we get an opportunity to get everyone together.

Mike

Enough of the generalizations, what are some specific things you want to see done?

BTW I'm going wheelin' today so .!. :)

I'll post more on this tonight. I've got a long drive to think aboutchapter issues.

Last edited:
Everyone wants to see the chapter just the way they want it.
Problem is, we are big! We have people with different intrests and some people see that as a negative. I don't, it is the nature of things....

There are a few (and I mean few!) that enjoy stirring the pot. There are also those who will report a post incessantly in order for them to be heard.
There are also those with rather thin skin....

These are not problems my friends, they are us!

I don't want to see much changes around here. What we need is a President who can lead and be an organizer. We don't want someone who will disappear and find excuses not to be here.

Thicken up your skin my friends and lets get going.
(And quit with the 'it was sooo much better back then' I call BS on that!)

HeeHee!!

What I would really like to see is someone who can bring this place together. I am not trying to bring drama back I'm not sure how you pulled that out of what I said. I am just trying to find out if someone is going to whip this place back into shape.

Stephan what I would really like to see around here is someone who will actually BE HERE. Good or bad someone needs to be here to deal with the day to day BS. What would bring me back? Someone who would bring the group back together and chase out the people who cause problems for the rest of the group. This club has open membership, all you do is pay your dues and boom you are a member. I would like to see some kind of probationary period for new members, during which time they can be held accountable for not fitting in with the rest of the group.

What I am getting at is get rid of the bad apples before they rot the bunch (even if you think it's me ... I am ok with that). This chapter used to feel like one big family, now it is all over the place. I would like to see it managed better so it can be like that again. Most of you who actually know me know I would have given just about anything for this group, I would love to rejoin but I just don't see why anymore.

I would like to see some kind of probationary period for new members, during which time they can be held accountable for not fitting in with the rest of the group.

How does that benefit the site/chapter as a whole? Im curious as to what classifies someone as "fitting in".

How does that benefit the site/chapter as a whole? Im curious as to what classifies someone as "fitting in".

Well for instance when some douche chases away a vendor and was not provoked in anyways. Those kinda people belong elsewhere.

I would like to see some kind of probationary period for new members, during which time they can be held accountable for not fitting in with the rest of the group.

This is an enthusiest club and not a team ;)

Plus, Remi wouldn't be around if people weren't allowed to be 'odd' :wave:

I joined Capo Valley 4 wheelers a while back, Its a lot smaller, but you have to be voted in after several meetings and a couple trail runs.

im sure that's a pretty tight group compared to our group.

I think leadership that communicates with everyone and stresses tolerance is what the chapter needs. Also, not allowing any particular perspective to dominate the forums, so all feel welcome. We are all different, and yet all belong.

At our local club, the Bakersfield Trailblazers, we require a prospective new member to attend two meetings and go on two runs, and then we vote them in if they want to join. No one gets denied, but at least they've been out with us and kinda know what we're about. However, this is an enthusiast club like Cracker said, and so anyone can join. That's the way it should be, but with this size of a club it requires leadership to keep the focus and keep a proper balance between the various interests.

Nothing wrong with partying, nothing wrong with appreciating the peace and quiet. Nothing wrong with a cheap build, and nothing wrong with an expensive build. Nothing wrong with doing it all yourself, or all custom, and nothing wrong with paying someone to do the work or all bolt on stuff. What we need is RESPECT for all members. This isn't any of our private world, this is a club based on the fun of using our XJ's and MJ's. We all need to keep in mind that it should be fun for everyone.

Hear, Hear to Tolerance!! <sniffle> can't we all just get along???? <sniffle>

My first 'jeep event' was the SoCalXJ Jamboree in 2004. I showed up with a freshly lifted 87 xj on not very good 32" street tires, 30/35, open/3.55's. I was there 2 days before anyone even said the word 'locker' and I was never critisized for the axles I was on. Total strangers helped me setup my camp, an old hairy man I had never met before walked over and gave me a shot of jack, and boom, I felt like I was part of a family for life. The people that I met at that event are still some of the best jeep scene friends that I have, even though I rarely talk to some of them.

You want to fix things? Take it offline.

Post up some camping trips.. somewhere 'neutral'. Stoddard Valley is always a good spot, because there really is something there for everyone. Don't make it a party, don't make it hardcore wheeling, keep the booze in check, and everyone just relax around the fire and have a good time. A few months later, do it again.

You're bitching Grimm that we have become a forum and not a club. If you don't like the forum attitude, do club things.

It really is that simple.

Back