• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats the best seat you've sat in?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Going to the junkyard saturday. I am coming out with a set of seats, and am going to make them work. I'll do a writeup for you folks.

Anyways, whats the most comfortable seat you've sat in, looking for what I need to look at for cars. Im breaking out of the jeep seats, since they seem to break down pretty quickly, and usually are awful by the time they hit the junkyard.

I know they are Jeep seats, but my 1993 Limited ZJ had AWESOME seats in it, they were leather but they didn't stick to me in the summer and they weren't too bad in the winter. They were very comfortable and hugged ya pretty good like a race seat I suppose.

I sat my fat ass in them from the years of 2003-2009 and this is as bad as the leather ever got.

IMG_1353.jpg

lancer evo haha prolly look for some kind of newer sports car. they seem to be pretty comfortable and have some better side bolsters. i have a friend with some escape seats that werent to shabby

I'd say Mitsubishi Evo VIII seats are the best stockers out there.

As far as aftermarket, my Corbeau A4's were awesome in my mustang.

Sat in a friend's Mastercraft Rubicon's and I think those will be the seats I buy for the XJ.

I had Corbeau A4's in my Mustang, loved them.

I'm running ZJ seats in my XJ and they're great.

Beard, I have the Enduros. You probably won't find them in a junk yard but might find them here...
http://www.redart.com/
X2. I have the Ultras and they are more comfortable than my living room furniture.

If they've got to come from the junkyard, add another vote for the '04-'06 GTO seats, those are nice. Although, if you are going to spend $500 on these, it isn't much more to step up to a aftermarket seat.

I've got Miata seats in my XJ, I think they're great, nice side bolsters and they fit my skinny self pretty darn well. got the pair for $70, and wired the headrest speakers to my CB :)

Chevy Caprice or Pontiac Bonneville from the early to mid 90s. They would be relatively easy to adapt to a 95+ XJ too because they are a flat 4 bolt pattern.

Back