• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airflow Snorkel On An ABS Xj

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Has any one used one of these on an Xj with ABS like the looks alot better then the ARB Safari and I some times run my flares which are mounted at the body line. Dont know if i modified it if would work It would suck to buy it only to find out it would not work.

Spoke to Dirk at DPG a while ago and he says he does not know if it can be done. Does not know if anyone has tried.

As the site says, it will not work on an XJ with ABS.

This is because the hose that goes to the airbox goes straight through the inner fender, right were the ABS solenoid is located.

Here is the hose routing on my '99 with the Airflow.
Snorkel007-1.jpg

Here is the same shot of my other '99 with ABS. You notice that there is no room to route that hose.
DSC_0169.jpg

Last edited:
Loose the ABS?

I was thinking which could be a problem may be the tube an be rerouted in the fender like the safri or can the pc that comes out of the snorkel be cut and modified maybe with a pc of pvc elbow.:banghead:

Would like to get rid of ABS but do not want to do all that work

It used to come through the guard a bit further forward but then it went through the washer bottle and a inner fender stiffner. So I had the mould changed to avoid both and why it does not suit ABS anymore. The kit used to come with a 90 degree elbow which you might be able to fit just as it come through the inner guard. Then get another elbow to into the side of the airbox rather than the back. Had to do this once to clear a LPG convertor that was fitted where a ABS pump is. Might work to clear a ABS pump too?

I hate to resurrect an old thread but I can't seem ti find anything regarding removing the ABS.I have an ABS equipped 99' that I swapped a 98 8.25 into.With that said,the ABS doesn't work so I can throw all the unnecessary hardware away......any links to what I might be getting into or the easiest way to go about doing this?

Back