• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to get some WJ Front Lower Control Arms LCA??

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a set of WJ LCAs for my '96 XJ to gain some clearance for my wider tires. I've found a set on eBay but wanted to see where you'd go?

I'm looking for new so the junk-yard is probably out. There just isn't any time or places near me to go looking in hopes of finding a decent set.

I'd prefer new bushings, etc.

Thanks for any direction and help.

First choice is a set of take-offs, so check the local 4wd shops, Grand Cherokee message boards, jeepforums, etc. 2nd choice is pick-n-pull; they aren't hard to remove if the thing is on wheels and the engine is already out, and low-mileage WJs are just mall crawlers. 3rd choice would be the dealer. Another option is Crown replacements, which you can buy at Quadratec and other resellers.

Thanks. I need to find the hours of the only salvage place I know anywhere close to me... and call and see if they have any. Or just grab my wrenches and some tools and head out on friday afternoon.

I'd bring a 21mm wrench, breaker bar, and a 21mm socket. That should be enough to get the LCA bolts out - at least on a ZJ and an XJ, I think WJ bolts are the same size.

I think I'm in the same boat as you, and I was surprised to find Rusty's manufactures tubular lower control arms for the XJ that have a bend in them to clear up to 12.50 wide tires. They have new bushings of course, and best of all are $140 for the pair. Also they can be made whatever length you want to correct camber if you are lifted. (16.25 for a 4" lift.)

Back