• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skipping and cutting out

foxwar71

NAXJA Forum User
ok heres the deal, went in some light mud and over a few rocks, nothin special, nothin i couldnt do in 2 wheel drive with 8" lift and 35's. that was a few days ago. since then every once in a while when it got above 3k in any gear it would just skip and cut out on me, sometimes at a higher rpm. today i go to leave for school and shell barely get movin. ill get up to abotu 2k maybe and its skippin and cuttin out like crazy on me. got hme (only 1 mile) and pop the hood. everything good, i pulled TPS and repluged it along with a few others thinkin i might have some mud or bad connectino. went for a drive run better but still would skip and miss in the upper rpm band sometimes. im goin to go test the TPS now, anything else u guys can think of?

99 XJ 4.0 auto basically stock drivetrain with k&n drop in filter and Tb spacer and factory exhaust with no muffler and a turndown after the cat. 8" lift, 35's, 4.56's etc

I had a similar problem and i had bad plug wires. It would skip around at the 2 and 3k range. Its worth a shot, unless you already ruled them out. Also i wouldnt skip the CKP. They can get flakey sometimes.

Back