• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks To Long?

Jeebs_1

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing a RE 4.5 SF kit with a set of Bilstein 5125's. The shocks look correct in the rear but look completely wrong up front. I checked the model number against what Bilstein recommends on their website for 5"-6" lift (4.5" spring + 1.5" spacer) and it is correct. From what I measured the shock gives me approx 5" of up-travel while the bumpstops will allow approx 5.5" of up-travel.

Anyway, here is a picture with the weight on the axle and not on the frame rails. What do ya think? I might even call Bilstein tomorrow just to double check.

IMG_5141.jpg

I hope the rear looks better,cause those front are way to long!
BTW:where are your drop brackets?

I hope the rear looks better,cause those front are way to long!
BTW:where are your drop brackets?

:laugh: I knew they looked completely ridiculous after I installed them. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something odd with XJ's.

I haven't finished the lift yet. The disconnects are still sitting in the box.

i would definitely run drop brackets. 6" with shortarms is to high imo without them

The only reason I used the spacers is because I heard there is a large amount of rake with the RE kit. If I don't see that I am going to pull them ASAP as I don't want that kind of height.

definitely too short. I would get the drop brackets, I bought my XJ with the lift already on it and no brackets. It rode like shit until I put long arms on.

Back