• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opening day

nicksjeep

NAXJA Forum User
so opening day for deer was this weekend. did anyone go? did anyone get anything? i went up to big bear spooked a doe. i hope someone had better luck.

All my spots are closed, I didnt even get my tag. Too many damn fire closers. I got a nice lil 3 pointer last year out by Frazier park area. I hunt D11

I've never hunted in this state. I've been on hundreds of trail rides around the local mountains, and only seen small deer, and only two or three times. Is there really anything worth bagging out there? :)

I've never hunted in this state. I've been on hundreds of trail rides around the local mountains, and only seen small deer, and only two or three times. Is there really anything worth bagging out there? :)

Yes, but you have to work for it. The further you get from the roads the bigger the deer get.

There are some toads up in the eastern Sierras.

Was up on white mountain all weekend just does and hunters.only went thier to hunt with friends, will be hunting my side of the range remainder of season. have seen plenty of mature bucks that go 200 lbs plus in D14. they don't hang out near roads to often lol.if it rains get out thier,the deer move a lot during rainy weather.i will be out every chance i get, i have 2 tags.good luck!!

Was up on white mountain all weekend just does and hunters.only went thier to hunt with friends, will be hunting my side of the range remainder of season. have seen plenty of mature bucks that go 200 lbs plus in D14. they don't hang out near roads to often lol.if it rains get out thier,the deer move a lot during rainy weather.i will be out every chance i get, i have 2 tags.good luck!!
Good luck, if you get something post it. I'll do the same

Back