• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission temp sensor and guage install

yamahadrummer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to install a transmission temperature sensor and gauge. I picked a gauge up from Oreilly's and it comes with a sensor attached to it which the guy at oreilly's said I could just screw into the stock place on the transmission. The only sensors I have seen are in-line sensors. Where do I plug this sensor into on the transmission?

thanks in advance!

I work for O'Reilly's here in Texas. What gauge did you buy. If the sensor is attached to it it is not a trans temp gauge it is a coolant temp gauge and will not work. The trans temp gauges have a sensor that gets put inline with one of the brass style "T" fittings. Kinda like the B&M one does..which we sell as well by the way...If you got one from the "gauge wall" Equus doesn't offer a trans temp just coolant temp. Here is the B&M one that we can get...http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Cooler-Accessories/Transmission-temperature-gauge-kit

Back