• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 5.0 injectors into a 90' 4.0?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Do I need to modify anything on the 5.0 injecters or on the fuel rail of the 90' 4.0. The 5.0 injecters have the plastic bonnet looking thing on the nozzle end, does that stay on? I don't recall my 4.0 injectors having these.

I have a set of "Grey tops" out of a Crown Vic police cruiser

Last edited:
O.K., after searching for a while I was able to find out that the "Grey Tops" are 14#, so that won't help me much, and they pobably were not out of a police cruiser as the guy stated. Good thing they were free!

Post up if anybody has any advice. The 4.0 has been bored 40 over, decked 20 over, and milled 20 over.

It seems to be running too lean and the 02 is giving me lean readings.

I'm blocking off the EGR and I may build a MAP adjuster to fix the problem. I was hopeing these "freebie" injectors would help.

There a direct swap,atleast it was for my `88 4.0.I used orange/tan ones from a 5.0 HO,there 19lbs.

You can get 24lb ones out of a fuel injected 460.

the plastic bonnet peice is supposed to be there. its part of the new design of alot of injectors to give the spray pattern better.

Back