• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will a 4-6" adjustable track bar work with 3" of lift?

Heap O' Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a 3" lift on the front/rear of my XJ and I am needing an adjustable track bar. I found this to best fit my budget and give me room to grow: http://www.xtremeterrain.com/jeepxjadjustablefronttrackbarbyroughcountry.aspx

I am planning on moving up to 4.5" of lift next summer, so will this adjustable track bar work with the 3" that I am currently running? I have some minor DW (Was major until I put in a steering stabilizer) I figured that it would at least be better that this one would be 1" off compared to my stock one being 3" off. Thoughts? Thanks!

Chances are that the panhard/track bar will be slightly too long. This happened to me when I got my adj. track bar years ago. With that said, you can measure your existing track bar length and try and find out what the length is of the new track bar is (adjusted completely in, shortest as possible of course)to get a better idea. Lastly, what effected my set up was a upper frame track bar mount (Rusty's) that was longer then stock. So the track bar(Rusty's) ended up being slightly too long even adjusted all the way in. So my axle is slightly off center, about an inch over toward the passenger side. Been living with it for ten years.

I'm currently running an RE Extreme Duty track bar(For lifts between 4" - 6"), on Procomp 3" springs and it worked out just fine. Thought I can't adjust it any shorter.

So my axle is slightly off center, about an inch over toward the passenger side. Been living with it for ten years.

That was the info I was looking for. I figured that it would be off, but I wasn't sure how that effect the driving. When you saw that you have bene "living with it" for 10 years, do you mean it has issues that you are living with? Or that the axle is just off an inch?

Back