• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

J-tree run 10-11-09

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Amie and I will be headed out to Joshua Tree tomorrow for a quick day trip. Plan is to leave at the crack of way before dawn, hit the park by sunrise. Going down the Eagle mountain mine road as far as it goes, maybe farther. I am scouting a place to hunt.

If anyone wants to come out and try to find us, good luck :D

I will be monitoring 146.565 and Channel 4.

Time to hit the sack.

Amie and I will be headed out to Joshua Tree tomorrow for a quick day trip. Plan is to leave at the crack of way before dawn, hit the park by sunrise. Going down the Eagle mountain mine road as far as it goes, maybe farther. I am scouting a place to hunt.

If anyone wants to come out and try to find us, good luck :D

I will be monitoring 146.565 and Channel 4.

Time to hit the sack.

John
You really can't get to the Eagle Mtn. Rd. going through the Park... at least not without going way out of your way first... were you referring to Black Eagle Mine Rd ? It does work it's way to the back side of Eagle Mtn. short by a mile or so... it dead ends at a large boulder (see G.Earth).
While it's not 100% "in the park" there are firearm restrictions in the park I believe... Black Eagle starts in the park, but exits it 10 (just a guess) miles or so from pavement... neat area... mines to check out...never seen much in the way of game... a few rattlers though...
What game are you scouting for ?? Have fun... it's fairly remote so be carefull. I broke out there last spring... made for a LOOOONG night.

Curt

Just got back. Fun trip.

Curt, 10-4 on the names, I meant black eagle mine rd. It does go through to the mine, thats a small boulder, wouldn't stop anybody running 33's and locked or bigger :D

Firearms in the park are legal so long as they are in non usable condition....unloaded, locked up, disassembled, etc. There is quite a large area over there that is outside the boundary and legal to hunt, shoot, etc. You just have to have you firearms "ready" before traveling through the park area.

Game, anything that moves?? Mostly checking for Deer. I found only one wash in that area with a track in it. LOTS of coyote and rabbit though.

I'm trying to find somewhere in that zone that isn't already overrun with hunters on the first weekend? Any thoughts?

John Is that D-17 or D-19?

I can't remember which area it is... 19 I think ??? How far southdoes your tag go ?

PM me an E-mail address...

Curt

Back