• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

POLL on lights!

AdidasCJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, So i epicly fail at inserting a poll.... BUT! Here is what i wanna get some opioins on.

Should i run:

A) 2 KC 130w Daylighters, 2 100w Hella 500

B) 4 KC 130w Daylighter

C) 4 100w Hella 500's

Here is a couple pictures to kinda see where im at..

1010091230.jpg

1010091231.jpg

Hmmmmmmm

i like the look of all the lights being the same alot better, and am a big fan of the hellas. just be warned you are pulling ALOT of watts with 4 lights up there especially if they are all 100+ watts. make sure you use a big enough wire to run power up there.

no matter which way you go you can convert them all to HID and get even more light out of them :D

i like the look of all the lights being the same alot better, and am a big fan of the hellas. just be warned you are pulling ALOT of watts with 4 lights up there especially if they are all 100+ watts. make sure you use a big enough wire to run power up there.

no matter which way you go you can convert them all to HID and get even more light out of them :D

Well what im looking into is useing like a trailer harness plug, you know the kits that you wire your boat trailer with, the green/yellow/white/brown wires.... So if for what ever reason i need to pull the light bar off, i just unplug it and call it a day with out having to cut alot of wires.... but im trying to find out if trailer wire will carry the load....

hella 4000's, as many as you can afford, converted to HID would just take the cake.

Yea the 4000's are nice, but where im at right now i would just need to get one or the other, i have a set of KC's and a set of hellas.... so if i go KCs, would be 109.00 hellas like 70.00 so....

with 4 lights i would run nothing less than a 4g wire up there, then split off that with 12g to each light.

you can get lights that look exactly like those KCs at 4wp for 25$ each, then just put KC high wattage bulbs in em.

with 4 lights i would run nothing less than a 4g wire up there, then split off that with 12g to each light.

you can get lights that look exactly like those KCs at 4wp for 25$ each, then just put KC high wattage bulbs in em.

Im looking to run 2 switches for them, so i will have two power wires running up to reguardless, just wondering if the trailer harnes would work that way then wire managment would be SIMPLE! But i also dont wanna melt the switch.....

use a relay to turn the light on and off dont run full power through the switch.

Oh yea for sure!

How do you do that?

With a relay you find a power sorce goes to the switch, the switch trips a relay that is connected to the battery. That also you power right from the batery to goto the lights instead of through your switch that "normally" not made to handle that type of load.

I 2nd the 4 identical lights idea. As far as wiring, I have a suggestion switch wise. Have a master switch and them a multi position switch, so you can select pairs or all of the lights.

I think that idea on mounting your lights looks good.

Harbor Freight also has KC knockoffs for like $15, if you are going to replace the bulbs anyway might do the trick. They are chrome so you would need to sand and paint them though.

Back