• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical problem

Only in a XJ

NAXJA Forum User
symtoms:

Aux radiator fan not turning on
A/C not turning on
Heater Blower not turning on

I was able to test all three with a direct 12 volts and they all work.

Checked all fuses, replaced AC relay, replaced Aux Fan relay, checked Blower resistor and it seemed ok too....

I also checked the connections at the heater AC climate controls in the dash... All was connected good.. I'm thinking that may still be the issue though... The only thing it will do is when I switch it on... It is activating the vent flap thing under the pass side dash... But that's it...

anyone had this problem or have an idea what the problem is?

Thanks!

it never turns on... Not even with engine temp.... Today I noticed the temp controls though no blower will change from hot to cold when set to vent.... I could feel it when driving since it let air flow

I really hate to ask, but what year/engine/trans, etc.? Production ran from 1984 model through 2001, lot of changes in between.

You say you replaced the relays. Did you test the relay sockets for power/grounds?

I really hate to ask, but what year/engine/trans, etc.? Production ran from 1984 model through 2001, lot of changes in between.

You say you replaced the relays. Did you test the relay sockets for power/grounds?

1996 4.0 I6 Auto Trans - did not test relay sockets... Got the relays cheap and figured replacing them would eliminate them as the problem

1996 4.0 I6 Auto Trans - did not test relay sockets... Got the relays cheap and figured replacing them would eliminate them as the problem

I hear you, I tend to collect a few every other salvage yard trip.

I don't have the FSM for the 96. You can certainly check for voltage and grounds to all the sockets. There is a known problem with corrosion under those sockets, might be worth pulling it up to check.

Back