• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np241roctrac in my xj

Yes, there are a few people who run this.

It is not however bolt in. You need to changed the input shaft or something of the other. I don't know exactly what it is.

Never been done before, you are the first!
Wow...Nothing else to do but be a smarty pants?:rolleyes:

I have not done this but have been looking for a while for a transfer case. I believe the front yoke is a 1330 on the Rubicon Transfer case and you should have a 1310 u-joint on your front drive shaft. The rear output as you know is a flange so you will have to replace that one too depending on what you have for a rear drive line. Is it stock, hack-n-tap with a front drive shaft, or an upgraded drive line? All these parts are available from Tom Woods Drive shafts out of Utah or any other drive shaft store. I do not know the part numbers but you can call those stores and get that information. Also, do you have a factory skid plate or some other? I know there are clearance issues with some skid plates and/or transmission cross members. I hope you take lots of pictures and document your install because I will be interested in watching so I will know exactly what I am in for. Almost forgot. What year is your Jeep because there are different input spline counts for earlier Jeeps. Good luck. :cheers:

Last edited:
i just got a 4:1 from an '05 rubi to put in my xj.looks boltin other than driveshafts........anybody dun this???
Ive got one in my 95,no mods needed!

Yes, there are a few people who run this.

It is not however bolt in. You need to changed the input shaft or something of the other. I don't know exactly what it is.

It depends on the year and trans!

thanx........'01,4.0 auto,aftermarket tranny xmember. bolt-in OTHER than shafts, think i mentioned that....the flange is bigger then my old RE hack n tap flange. already changed the front yoke to accept my xj shaft, but i mite upgrade that too.
have 4.88s n 35s for 4-5years now, can't wait to feel the gear reduction.this was way more cost effective for me then 4:1kit in my 231

gotta love forum comedians, huh? you kno who u are..........

i bolted it into my 94, needed to make spacers for the tranny mount to clear the larger case. i just stacked washers.

you will also need to modify the shifter linkage

I would just get the right yokes,that way there are alot more trail spares that will fit! I did have to make my crossmember fit but no mods to the shifter linkage.Heres mine!
2427825-R1-036-16A.jpg

I put one in my '94 about a year and a half ago. I only needed the yoke change and a Super Lift "TRU-SPEED" speedo correction unit. Soooooooo much better!! I also have 4.88's w/ 33's. I love the combo. It's not a DD but I get 17mpg average as long as I keep it at / under 65mph.

I've been thinking of making this upgrade to my '97XJ with a 5 speed. Anyone done that yet? Any ideas of possible troubles in trying to make the change? Currently have a 231 with a SYE. Thanks

I've been thinking of making this upgrade to my '97XJ with a 5 speed. Anyone done that yet? Any ideas of possible troubles in trying to make the change? Currently have a 231 with a SYE. Thanks

i bot my 241 from my friend, who had put it in his '03 tj,4.0,5speed wit no problems.......if that helps at all

put my 241 in tonight.need to get a rear driveshaft n mess wit the linkage a little........pretty straight forward swap.the exhaust makes sum of the bolts a pain. i had to grind the lip off the exhaust bracket n i installed a daystar tranny mount that i bought a couple of years ago. 241 quite a bit beefier than 231.

don't know how to post pics on here. it is bigger, almost doesnt look like it'll fit in the tunnel until you actually get it bolted in........

Back